Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Birthday!

Gabe turned 24 on May 3rd and we had a little party to celebrate! He woke up to this little sign and some balloons! I had a lot of fun planning a little birthday party for him with our families! We had everyone meet at our house and we drove up to Porcupine Dam. We took our grill, a few tables and some chairs and set up a little camp. It was such a great time! My friend Holly made the cutest cake and it took a lot of effort to get that thing up into the mountains in a bouncy truck in one piece. So you can imaging how not happy I was when I turned around to see my dang dog sitting on top of the cooler just havin a little taste! I felt like crying haha and everyone seemed to think it was pretty hilarious.. and now I guess it is a little funny ;)
It was such a beautiful night to enjoy the mountains and our family! Charlotte had a b l a s t throwing rocks into the water with Papa and Gramma, we did a little fishin, and the dogs had fun swimming! Clay broke out his golf clubs and entertained us while he made his golf balls skip across the water! Thank you to my wonderful family (Gabe's mom and sister, Christina, were there too!) for coming and helping out!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!
 I love you so much and am so grateful to have you in my life! I couldn't ask for a better husband or best friend!

and this little one had SO much fun... she just refused to get out of the truck! haha

3 comments:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Love that cake, mildly wounded or not.

And yes, that gabe is wonderful.

Alysia Gann said...

What a cute little birthday celebration! :)

*karen* said...

You guys are so young! I wish I was 24 again! haha! That cake was so cute, apparently the dog loved it too! :) What a cute wife you are! Gabe is so lucky to have you!