Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Phone Nook Make-Over

Let me start by saying that I absolutely love our home. The house was originally built in 1909 but has obviously had some major makeovers/renovations since then. When we bought it last year it had new windows, carpet, plumbing, electrical, water heater, etc. But, the only thing that hadn't been updated was the kitchen. Picture an old fashioned 50's style kitchen with all white walls and hideous blue flower wallpaper at the top. Oh, and not to mention the speckled white (and majorly yellowed) linoleum counter tops. I saw potential, I just needed to figure out what I had planned for it. After an entire year (embarrassing) I finally picked my colors and got to work. I painted the biggest wall turquoise and the other walls are going to be a pretty beige color. Pictures coming soon!
We have this old school "phone nook" in the middle of the wall and I hated it. I guess it's not that bad except for the fact that the bathroom is on the other side of the wall and when the previous owners hung the bathroom mirror the screws came right threw in the center of this nook. Tacky? Yes. So I always had to have something to hide it. I finally got sick of looking at it and put my handy husband to work! I really do love the way it turned out and can't wait to get the rest of the kitchen into the 21st century :)
(all the pictures were taken with my phone so I apologize for the bad quality!)
 
 




2 comments:

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

It's been a while since I've really looked at blogs... I love this!!! I saw the picture you put on instagram, and was waiting for the finished product. I love what you did. I still need to figure out what I want to do with my house... It's been over a year and I haven't accomplished a darn thing. I guess I'm too scared to just go for it... But I love how this turned out. :)

Unknown said...

Love this Carlie! In my little old house in Park Valley, I have something similar in the living room. I love the idea of bead board in the back. Maybe I'll copy you :) and I love your teal wall - my favorite color :)